Watermelon Margaritas are super good and refreshing, perfect for a hot summer day. Unlike some other watermelon margarita recipes out there, this one is just about as pure as you can get it. This recipe calls for no syrup, and a minimal amount of of sugar. The only alcohol it incorporates is tequila and triple sec, and you may also omit the alcohol for a delicious family friendly drink.
Whether you drink the watermelon margaritas with or without alcohol, they are nice balance of sweet and tart. To save some time with the preparation, you can buy pre-cut chunks of fresh watermelon in you grocer’s produce section. Pre-cut watermelon is usually more expensive, so if you plan to make a few batches of watermelon margaritas, you’re probably better off just buying a whole watermelon. Even the most macho man will love this watermelon margarita. Be sure to keep lots of watermelon and limes on hand, for when company drops in.
Recipe: Watermelon Margarita
Summary: Watermelon Margarita is super good and refreshing, perfect for a hot summer day. You may also omit the alcohol for a delicious family friendly drink.
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 limes, 2 juiced and 1 cut into wedges for garnish
- 8 ounces tequila
- 5 ounces Triple Sec, divided
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a bender, puree the watermelon and sugar until smooth. Pour the puree through a fine mesh strainer. Transfer the liquid to a pitcher and add the lime juice, tequila and 4 ounces of the Triple Sec. Stir to combine
- In a shallow dish, combine the kosher salt with the chili powder. In a second small plate, add the remaining 1-ounce of Triple Sec. Dip the rims of 4 margarita glasses in the Triple Sec, then coat them in the salt and chili mixture. Divide the margarita between the 4 glasses and garnish each with a lime wedge.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Copyright © The Hungry Wife.