Sounds strange right? When I first saw this Pink Salad recipe in a cookbook put together by the Information Systems team my husband works on, I was a little put off to say the least. However, I read the ingredients and directions, it sounded simple enough and extremely fast so why not give the pink salad a try.
I’m not afraid to say it, I like congealed salad, and you know what, so do a lot of people. Pink Salad is very similar to grandmas congealed salad, and believe it or not, even easier to make. It is excellent served as a side dish on hot summer days, also great as a light dessert. Personally, I think its even good at breakfast. Go ahead and give it try, enjoy.
Recipe: Pink Salad
Summary: Pink Salad is very similar to grandmas congealed salad, and believe it or not, even easier to make.
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jell-O gelatin mix, cherry flavor (or your choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained well
- 1 (16 ounce) container of cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 (8 ounce) container of cool whip
- Mix gelatin with drained pineapple.
- Add in cottage cheese and then add in cool whip.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
Best if chilled at least an hour before serving. Can be served as a side dish or as a light dessert
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Copyright © The Hungry Wife.