Best Meat Loaf is a recipe that has been handed down from my Great, Great Aunt. You might think Meat Loaf is a pretty standard recipe, but there are many variations out there. Some Meat Loaf recipes can actually get a little complicated and calling for a bunch of ingredients. Best Meat Loaf Recipe keeps it simple, but has a ton of flavor.
If your like me, and have a bit of a problem with odd measurements that typically are not labeled on measuring cups, 5/8 cup of tapioca is a little more then a 1/2 cup. Nothing terrible will happen if the measurement is not exact, so just try and get it close. Using minute tapioca replaces the use of bread crumbs or cubes that is found in other meat loaf recipes. You can find minute tapioca in the baking aisle, generally found near Jell-O and puddings. Using tapioca is a great way to make a gluten free Meat Loaf for those with sensitivities.
Adding bacon pieces to Meat Loaf brings a nice subtle smoky flavor that you can’t get from anything else. My Best Meat Loaf Recipe is sure to be a new family favorite, another one of those comfort food recipes that everyone loves. Serve it with a side of ketchup and some veggies for a delicious and filling meal.
Recipe: Best Meat Loaf
Summary: Best Meat Loaf Recipe keeps it simple, but has a ton of flavor.
- 2 pounds ground beef or ground meat loaf mix
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 5/8 cup minute tapioca
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite cut diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan, to help meat loaf from sticking.
- Chop bacon and fry until crispy. Drain grease and let cool on paper towels. Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix together thoroughly. Place all meat mix into the loaf pan, pressing in to fit well.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
Serve it with a side of ketchup and some veggies for a delicious and filling meal.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Copyright © The Hungry Wife.