These Garlic Grilled Lamb Chops are a great lamb recipe. If you are new to cooking or eating lamb, this is a good starter recipe, it tastes great and is easy to make. There are many health benefits to eating lamb. First off, you can often find local lamb products at your community farmers market. I find meat from local farms, tastes so much better then the stuff you get in large grocery stores. Animals are treated more humanly on smaller, organic farms, and not feed all the hormones and antibiotics like they too often are on large meat ranches.
Secondly, lamb provides many benefits that other meat products do not. Including: excellent source of high quality protein, ideal source of easily absorbed iron, zinc, B vitamins, low fat percentage of which, half the fat in lamb meat is unsaturated, which is good for you. Most of the unsaturated fat is monounsaturated, commonly found in the healthy “Mediterranean-type” diet.
Recipe: Garlic Grilled Lamb Chops
Summary: If you are new to cooking or eating lamb, this is a good starter recipe, it tastes great and is easy to make.
- 6-8 lamb loin chops (1″ thick), excess fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place lamb in s shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Pour over chops.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Prepare grill. Remove chops from marinade, reserving marinade. Over medium coals, grill 8 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Preparation time: 8 hour(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Copyright © The Hungry Wife.