Finding a slow cooker recipe is one of my favorite decisions to make. This Cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken recipe almost qualifies as a five ingredient or less recipe which is that much more exciting! What makes it even better is that you make it in a slow cooker, guaranteeing the end result will be delicious!
For busy days when you don’t have time to cook, or are just too tired at the end of the day to make a meal, slow cookers are your saving grace. This Cheesy Slow Cookie Chicken recipe is so easy, you can make it in just a few minutes before you head out the door and start your day.
The cream of chicken and Cheddar cheese soups make a sauce that is so creamy and delicious, you’ll start thinking of other ways to use it. Here at The Hungry Wife, we love the sauce served over noodles, rice, mashed potatoes, or broccoli. Sometimes the simplest meals can be some of the best. With fall around the corner, hearty meals start showing up on the menu, and a slow cooker is a awesome way to make delicious, no fuss meals.
I have two variations of the recipes below. The first one is what I made the other day, and serves two. I used leg quarters simply because that is what I had on hand, but they came out tasting great and the meat was so tender and falling off the bone. The second variation, is for larger families, serving 6. It is made with boneless skinless breasts.
Recipe: Cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken
Summary: Finding a slow cooker recipe is one of my favorite decisions to make.
- 6 boneless skinless breast halves
- Black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 2 cans (10 ½ ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ½ ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Place 3 chicken breast halves in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Repeat with remaining three breasts.
- Mix soups together in medium bowl; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving, if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Copyright © The Hungry Wife.